If you like working as part of a team, are creative and enjoy working with your hands in the outdoors then our landscaping apprenticeship is for you.
Green Onion Landscaping offer landscaping apprenticeship opportunities to individuals aged from 18 – 24 years. We are always on the look out for hard working, practical people with an enthusiastic happy, positive, hard working attitude.
You would ideally have the following:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Enthusiastic with an eager approach to working in an outdoor environment
- A professional and smart appearance
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- Passion and an interest in garden design, soft and hard landscaping
- An ability to apply working on site
- Be committed to learning new skills
- Be dedicated to complete the landscaping apprenticeship qualification
- You must be able to work full-time and be flexible with days and hours including Saturdays.
Things to consider
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis.
Our landscaping apprenticeships combine practical on the job training with Green Onion Landscaping and classroom based activities which are conducted at Redcar and Cleveland College. Our apprenticeship offers you the chance to gain essential hard and soft landscaping work experience and very important health and safety, plus background knowledge in garden landscaping. You would be learning how to erect fences, lay patios, lay block paving, turf, how to install decking and much more.
Landscaping Apprenticeship Duration
The average expected completion time for your apprenticeship is 20 months
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for an apprentice landscaper
Your holidays will be agreed with Green Onion Landscaping. Your minimum entitlement is 24 days per year plus Bank Holidays.
Most of our landscaping apprentices continue to be employed at the end of their apprenticeship. There are also excellent opportunities for self employment at the end of your apprenticeship.
If you would like an opportunity to become a valued apprentice landscaper at North East’s best landscaping company then please drop us an e-mail with your C.V.